Are you in need of developing a creative project but unsure of where to begin? When working on a creative project, we all aim to achieve the best results while also looking for good service and compliance. Many companies and entrepreneurs have doubts when hiring a design agency to develop their creative projects, which is why we want to provide you with a list of important factors to consider when choosing a design agency. Here are the most important factors to consider when selecting the best design agency for you:
Features that a good agency should have:
- Verify that the agency has experience in the specific type of project you need.
- Review the agency's previous projects to ensure that their design style aligns with what you are looking for.
- Research the agency's reputation and customer reviews on platforms such as Trustpilot, Google Customer Reviews, Feedback Company, and Reseller Ratings.
- Ensure that the agency offers a Project Manager service to provide ongoing feedback and progress updates on the project.
- Make sure the agency has a professional and multi-disciplinary team, depending on the needs of your project.
- Confirm that the agency can meet deadlines and has an efficient project management process.
- Research whether the agency has expertise in your specific industry or niche market.
After carefully considering and evaluating the points mentioned above, reach out to the agency and request a meeting with a team member to learn more about the agency and express your creative needs
- Communicate your goals and make sure the agency understands what you want to achieve.
- Consider the budget and make sure the agency offers good value for your investment.
Choosing the right design agency depends on your specific needs and goals. Be sure to research and compare various options before making a decision and always make sure to communicate your expectations and requirements clearly
What questions should I ask when I arrive at the agency?
It's important to ask questions when talking to a design agency to make sure they are the best fit for your project. Some questions you might ask include:
- What is their design process?
- How do they handle communication and collaboration with customers?
- What is their experience in your specific industry or niche market?
- What services do they offer? What is their policy on changes and revisions?
- What kind of guarantee do they offer on their jobs?
- What kind of support do they offer after the project is finished?
- What are their prices and rates?
- What kind of delivery times do they handle?
- What kind of follow-up and feedback do they offer during the project process?
Remember, it's important to ask questions and make sure the agency understands your needs and goals before starting the project.
Quality of deliverables
A good process for a design agency should include these steps:
- Needs Analysis: The agency should understand your goals, needs, and requirements before starting the project.
- Planning: The agency should plan the project with a timeline that includes deadlines, resources needed, and key milestones.
- Design: The agency should create designs that meet your goals and needs.
- Feedback: The agency should provide you with updates and versions of the designs so you can review them and make changes if necessary.
- Development: The agency should carry out the development of the project, meeting deadlines and requirements.
- Testing: The agency should test the project to ensure it is working properly and meets quality standards.
- Delivery: The agency should deliver the final project, and if needed, provide documentation and a user manual.
- Follow-up: The agency should provide follow-up and support after project delivery to ensure everything is working correctly.
Additionally, it's important for the agency to follow quality standards and methodologies such as user-centered design process, agile development, and service design methodology.
Characteristics of a good deliverable
With these characteristics, you can identify the quality of a good deliverable according to the project developed.
- Complete: It must include all the necessary elements to meet the objectives of the project.
- Clear: The project should be easy to understand.
- Consistent: Your graphic line and communication have to be consistent with the style and design strategy of the project.
- Delivered on time: The agreed delivery deadlines must be met and that depends on both the agency and you to comply with the feedback times established from the beginning.
- Provides guidance for implementation: If necessary it is important to include the specifications necessary for the implementation of the design.
- Provide complete documentation: Depending on the complexity of the project, detailed descriptions of how the project works, any necessary technical specifications, and any other relevant information should be included.
- Responsive: Depending on the project, the final deliverable must be compatible with different devices and screen resolutions.
Times they manage
In general, a design agency should be able to meet the following deadlines:
Delivery of sketches and concepts: A design agency should be able to deliver initial sketches and concepts within a reasonable timeframe, usually between 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the size of the project.
Final design submission: Final designs should usually be submitted within a timeframe, usually between 2 to 8 weeks, depending on the size of the project and the complexity of the design.
Delivery of developed projects: A design agency should be able to deliver developed projects within a reasonable timeframe, usually between 4 to 8 weeks, depending on the size of the project and the complexity of the development.
It is important to note that these deadlines are only a guide and may vary depending on the project. Ideally, the design agency from the beginning should establish clear, realistic deadlines through a timeline and make sure they are met.
Professional working on the project
The team of a design project can vary depending on the size and complexity of the project, but in general, it is usually composed of professionals from different disciplines such as graphic design, creative direction, web development, digital marketing, and project management that helped with the execution of the project.
At Mavity, we have more than 5 years of experience managing creative projects. We have helped hundreds of startups to achieve their objectives through creative assets. We have a rating higher than 4.5 on Trustpilot and we have a highly professional team including Project Managers willing to help you execute your creative projects.